- Borehole water used for our gardens.
- Recycling of glass and bottles.
- Newspapers, plastic and cans separated and collected for recycling.
- Hotel Slot system used in some of our cottages, saving electricity.
- Cleaning detergents replaced with non-toxic green cleaning products.
In 2007 our gardens received a well deserved facelift, and all efforts are being made to
systematically introduce indigenous and water wise plants, contributing to a bio-diversified,
chemical free and eco friendly environment. Unfortunately no trees are being planted around
and outside our borders to replace the alien invasive trees being cut down.
Houtkapperspoort has there-for continued to introduce indigenous trees on the premises and
sincerely hope that there would be a comprehensive re-introduction of indigenous trees along
one of the most scenic routes from Hout Bay to Constantia Nek, and along Rhodes Drive towards
Cape Town, in the near future.
Being close to nature, Houtkapperspoort has also introduced springbok, and have
also seen a steady increase of different bird species since 2007.
- Major shopping centres, 08 minutes.
- Fine restaurant's within 05 minutes drive to Hout Bay or Constantia
- The V&A Waterfront and Cape Town city centre, 30 minutes.
- Hout Bay beach and harbour; Constantia wine estates, 05 minutes.
- Hiking trails through bordering Cape Peninsula National Park to Kirstenbosch National
30 min from Houtkapperspoort (Waterfront),helicopter flights; scuba diving; deep sea & inshore fishing; sunset champagne cruises; harbour cruises; schooner sailing; jet boat (eco adventures); whale watching (in season) coastal cruises and luxury catamaran cruises.
30 minutes from Houtkapperspoort (Simonstown), Boulders Beach penguin colony and swim on private beach with the penguins; scratch patch (semi precious stones); boat trip to False Bay to view sharks breaching - only place in the world to see this.
05 minutes from Houtkapperspoort (Hout Bay), Sunday craft market; World of Birds; Boat trips to Seal Island; Surfing at Dungeons; Chapmans Peak drive to Noordhoek Village - curios/restaurants.
Between 10 and 45 minutes from Houtkapperspoort (Golf Courses), Westlake; Royal Cape; Milnerton; Clovelly; Durbanville.
Between 10 and 60 minutes from Houtkapperspoort (Wine Estates),Groot Constantia; Klein Constantia; Buitenverwachting; Uitsig; Steenberg; Boschendal; Spier & Erinvale.
Between 40 and 80 minutes from Houtkapperspoort, Ratanga Junction (Seasonal); Butterfly World (near Paarl, off the N1); Thunder City (at the C.T. Int. Airport) experience flying in the Electric Lightning and other WW2 fighter planes; Cape Point;
Table Mountain Walks:-Front Table, Platteklip Gorge; Back Table, Skeleton Gorge/Cecilia Forest; Front and Back Table, Kirstenbosch Gardens to the upper cableway station via Maclear's Beacon; Other walks:The Twelve Apostles Walk/Silvermine Nature Reserve (north or south) and Karbonkelberg